Celebrate this holiday season with your own egg nog! Check out this easy recipe for egg nog.
4 cups of milk
1/4 cup of sugar
1/4 tsp. of salt
3/4 cup bourbon (optional)
1/3 cup dark rum (optional)
1 tsp. of vanilla flavoring
1 tsp. nutmeg (optional)
1. In a large saucepan, beat together eggs, sugar and salt.
2. Stir in just two cups of milk.
3. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly. Make sure to get in the corners of the pan or the eggs might curdle when they get hot.
4. When the mixture thick enough to coat a spoon with a thin film, remove from the heat.
5. Slowly add in the bourbon and dark rum (optional).
6. Next stir in the remaining 2 cups milk, vanilla and for a little kick, add in the nutmeg. (nutmeg is optional)
7. Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.